How to Capture a Screenshot and Send it via Email
There are many ways to capture a screenshot, save the captured image to disk and then attach it to an email. Some versions of Windows come with built-in image capture tools such as the Snipping Tool in Windows 7.
Another alternative is to use SliQ Screen Capture. This is a free, very simple tool from SliQTools that provides easy options for capturing screenshots of your complete desktop, the current application running in Windows or even a control within an application. By default, when a screenshot is captured, SliQ Screen Capture opens the captured image in Microsoft Paint. In later versions, Microsoft Paint includes a Send in e-mail option that quickly allows you attach the image to an email.
If you want to use SliQ Screen Capture to send a screenshot by email, take these steps:
1. Download and install SliQ Screen Capture from this page:
2. Run SliQ Screen Capture.
SliQ Screen Capture always sits on top of all other windows. You can still work with other applications but SliQ Screen Capture stays visible so you can click on one of its capture image buttons.
3. Click on the window of which you want take an image.
For example, if you want to take a screenshot of a window in SliQ Invoicing, click on the window in SliQ Invoicing Plus with your mouse.
4. In SliQ Screen Capture, press the Capture Foreground Window button.
The button is highlighted with a red square in the following picture.
Then wait for Microsoft Paint to launch.
5. In Microsoft Paint, open the File menu and choose the Send in email option.
A new email window should then open with the captured image attached.
6. Edit the email as normal – enter the email address you want to send the picture to, the subject and email message – and press the Send button to send the email.
If you are looking for help on taking a screenshot on an Apple Mac, see this blog post: http://www.sliqtools.co.uk/blog/apple-mac/apple-mac-how-to-take-a-screenshot/